Postdoctoral Research Scientist - Bioinformatician in omics (m/f/d)
CDD · Postdoc · 24 mois Bac+8 / Doctorat, Grandes Écoles Bayer Crop Science · Valbonne (France)
Date de prise de poste : 1 septembre 2022
omics transcriptomics cell painting toxicology Python R
For this project, you will join an interdisciplinary team composed of toxicologists, molecular biologists, automation experts and data scientists within the Toxicology department of Bayer CropScience in close collaboration with members of other international Bayer entities and academic institutions.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and implement bioinformatic pipelines to interpret omic data sets in order to drive mechanistic-based screening and support development of safe plant protection products:
- Optimize and develop omics data (transcriptomic, cell painting and metabolomic) analysis workflows
- Review appropriate literature pertaining to current or proposed projects
- Perform all related data analyses (QC, curation, visualization, interpretation) and ensure results delivery in a timely and efficient manner.
- Independently plan, analyze, interpret your data analysis, set-up critical path and path-forward
- Communicate and report study findings, results, analyses, and future direction to project partners (to direct manager & collaborators)
- Actively collaborate with early toxicology team to set up experiment and drive data analysis and interpretation
- Prepare materials for publications
- Participate in project meetings and active scientific exchange with internal and external scientific communities
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in bioinformatic, cellular biology, biology, toxicology, or related disciplines
- 2 years of experience in academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology settings.
- 2 years of experience in academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology settings
- Strong expertise in scripting R, Python languages applied to omics data is required
- Experience in high content screening technology (384 wells), and high throughput quantitative data analysis would be a plus
- Demonstrated experience with global multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong personal organization skills are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficient in English, basic knowledge of French is an advantage
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and motivation to implement innovative scientific strategy and lab operations
- Experience in artificial intelligence and deep learning methods would be helpful
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, and provide possible solutions
- Capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives?
Then send us you application online www.carriere.bayer.fr including cover letter, CV, and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Procédure : Candidater via le site jobs.bayer.com
Date limite : 31 décembre 2022
Offre publiée le 11 juillet 2022, affichage jusqu'au 31 décembre 2022