Bioinformatician / Developer in NGS
CDI · Ingénieur autre Bac+5 / Master Viralgen · San Sebastian (Espagne)
Date de prise de poste : 2 janvier 2023
NGS workflow python R Linux
Viralgen is a CDMO born as a joint venture between Askbio and Columbus Venture Partners created in
response to the unmet need for manufacturing of gene therapies. Our goal is to help broaden the
access to these life-saving therapeutics and contribute to the advancement of health and human welfare
around the world.
We are excited for our next Bioinformatician to join the Viralgen team!
About the role
We are seeking a Bioinformatician who will play a key role on the structure of the company in Quality
Your main responsibility will be to conduct bioinformatics analysis involving next-generation sequencing
data to better understand the biology of the Adeno-Associated Virus and thus improve rAAV production
- Develop, test and implement bioinformatics analysis pipelines for rAAV characterization under supervision of bioinformatics lead scientist.
- Process and analyse data from NGS experiments.
- Establish documentation related to the bioinformatics pipelines.
- Report experimental results in an appropriate and informative way.
- Share your knowledge to educate people on NGS and bioinformatics within the company.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the company (AskBio UK, AskBio US, Bayer) and/or with external scientists when relevant.
- Get educated about viral vectors biology and applications in general.
- Follow the scientific and technical literature and share relevant information or ideas with your colleagues and managers.
- Be supportive and communicate with your teammates to optimize work distribution and efficacy.
- PhD, Master, or Engineer degree level with experience in bioinformatics.
- Understanding of concepts and principles of molecular biology and next-generation sequencing.
- Expertise in Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Expertise in bash, python.
- Working knowledge of classical bioinformatics tools for the analysis of NGS sequencing data (BWA, minimap2, ssamtools, GATK, IGV).
- Working knowledge of classical file formts related to NGS analysis (FASTA, FASTQ, BAM, VCF).
- Experience in pipeline and automation managers (Snakemake/Nextflow), package and environment management system (conda), git.
- Fluent in English (mandatory) and Spanish (valuable).
- Proactive and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for producing high-quality work.
- Proactive management and positive attitude to change and challenges.
- Communication skills and self-management.
- Indefinite contract.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Flexible schedule.
- Accompaniment in the learning and development process.
- Good working and international environment.
- Company activities.
- Social benefits.
Procédure : Apply only via the Viralgen website.
Date limite : 16 décembre 2022
Offre publiée le 18 novembre 2022, affichage jusqu'au 16 décembre 2022