Field Application Scientist - Bioinformatics
CDI · Ingénieur autre Bac+5 / Master Thermo Fisher Scientific · Remote (France)
Date de prise de poste : 1 décembre 2022
bioinformatics NGS sequencing support training services field application data analysis ion torrent oncology
Field Application Scientist, Bioinformatics
Location: Home Office based in Europe
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or growing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
We are currently recruiting for a Bioinformatics Field Applications Scientist (FBS) to support our customers in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa). As FBS, you will provide technical bioinformatics expertise, applications support and training to customers with a focus on our Ion Torrent NGS instruments, related hardware and software products and services, particularly around our Oncology portfolio. Customer inquiries will be received via email or during customer visits. You will act as a trusted subject matter expert to our customers, thereby growing customer happiness and loyalty resulting in a contribution to the overall success of our business. We will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through your career.
- Provide customer support on technical issues by using all available resources and answering customer technical inquiries in a timely manner.
- Call out issues or problems when warranted.
- Participate in training, both new product and continuing education to remain at the edge of scientific knowledge.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Assist customers on experimental design and data interpretation.
- Perform NGS data analysis under professional services.
- Guide customer training materials' improvement
- Participate in pre-sales meetings such as customer visits, workshops or webinars.
- Present technical updates and pitch in department meetings.
- Lead company, departmental, and individual projects.
- Proactively contributes to the strategic development of consultancy and training products.
- Often leads process improvement initiatives.
Requires an M.Sc./PhD in bioinformatics or a relevant subject or have gained meaningful experience working in this field.
- You bring along significant professional experience in the field of bioinformatics, either from academia or in an industrial/commercial environment.
- You possess experience in two or more of the following fields: NGS data analysis, oncology, genomics, genetics, programming, statistics.
- In depth knowledge of bioinformatics software, resources and algorithms.
- Experience of working in a LINUX/UNIX environment
- IT knowledge and basic system administration skills are required.
- Strong experience of scripting in a language such as PERL, Python or Java.
- Ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information.
- Ability to efficiently communicate in English to customers and colleagues, both orally and in writing.
- Capability to work independently as part of a field-based team.
- Capacity to prioritize tasks
- Problem-solving skills
- Capable of mentoring and training peers.
- Ability to represent the department and present to a variety of both internal and external audiences.
This position is home-office based anywhere in Europe. Travel is required (approx. 25%) within the region of Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) as needed.
Procédure : Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date limite : 23 décembre 2022
Offre publiée le 1 décembre 2022, affichage jusqu'au 23 décembre 2022