CDD · Ingénieur autre · 12 mois (renouvelable) Bac+5 / Master Limagrain Europe · Clermont-Ferrand (France)
Date de prise de poste : 1 juin 2023
Purpose of the position
We are currently looking, on a 12-month fixed-term contract, for a motivated and talented bioinformatician to strengthen our applied genomics platform within the Chappes Research Center, near Clermont-Ferrand ( 63).
You will play a crucial role in the development of bioinformatics pipelines to support our bio-analysts in the areas of comparative genomics, pangenomics and transcriptomics.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Develop and maintain bioinformatics pipelines for large-scale genomic and transcriptomic data analysis.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including bio-analysts, geneticists and other bio-informaticians to design and implement innovative solutions for data analysis and interpretation.
- Pursue a technological watch on the latest developments in bioinformatics, genomics and computational biology, and integrate new tools and techniques into existing pipelines.
- Help solve problems and optimize pipelines, while providing technical support to users.
Required Skills :
- Graduate of a Master's degree (Bac+5) or other higher degree in bioinformatics, computational biology or in a related field
- Experience in the analysis of genomic and transcriptomic data.
- Mastery of programming languages such as Python, R or Perl, and mastery of the Unix/Linux environment.
- Very good knowledge of bioinformatics tools and resources, including sequence alignment, variant calling and gene annotation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
- Experience in creating tools for the Galaxy platform for bioinformatics analysis.
- Experience or training in plant biology.
- Knowledge of version control systems (eg Git) and high performance computing environments.
Joining our teams means benefiting from opportunities for growth and professional development within a dynamic and collaborative work environment. It means having the chance to contribute to cutting-edge research in genomics and bioinformatics. It means working in a diverse and inclusive environment where innovation, creativity and collaboration are encouraged and valued.
Joining Limagrain Europe also means benefiting from various advantages:
- An attractive salary and a bonus based on objectives
- Agreement for 214 days worked
- Family mutual insurance
- Supplementary retirement plan
- Works council benefits
- A “life balance”: telework agreement for compatible positions up to 8 days/month, Company restaurant
- An integration process and regular training
Please attach a cover letter to your CV when applying, and mention if possible up to two professional references.
Limagrain Europe is committed to diversity and inclusion, sources of progress and wealth for the company, and offers an equal opportunity for all candidates.
Procédure : Please apply via the link attatched. For informal enquires, please contact Ryan Joynson - Responasble Bioinformatique
Date limite : 31 mai 2023
Offre publiée le 17 avril 2023, affichage jusqu'au 30 juin 2023