Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Bioinformatic to investigate tumor heterogeneity
CDD · Postdoc · 12 mois (renouvelable) Bac+8 / Doctorat, Grandes Écoles Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers - Inserm · Paris (France) Depending on professional experience according to Inserm salary grids
Date de prise de poste : 1 juin 2023
single cell, spatial transcriptomic, cancer
The post-doctoral researcher will be in charge of a collaborative project between two research teams with internationally recognized strong expertise in the field of mesothelioma: the FunGeST team of the Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers in Paris and the ITMI team of the CRCI²NA (Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie et Immunologie Intégrée Nantes Angers). This project aims at determining the influence of Human pleural mesothelioma tumor cells on macrophage subpopulations present in the tumor microenvironment.
The candidate will characterize the tumor microenvironment of malignant mesothelioma using next generation sequencing (bulk and single cell) and spatial transcriptomics data. In particular, he/she will focus on macrophage subpopulations present in tumor samples and generated in preclinical multicellular spheroid models in which mesothelioma cell lines are cultured with monocytes.
His/her main activities will be:
- Bioinformatics analysis of transcriptomic data ("bulk" and "single cell")
- Bioinformatics analysis of spatial transcriptomic data
- Development of the research project in collaboration with the different partners
- Participation in the interpretation of the data in collaboration with the research project leaders and in the valorization of the data, in particular by writing publications.
The candidate will work at the Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers under the supervision of Didier Jean (Inserm research scientist), scientific leader of the "mesothelioma" research group within the FunGeST team. He/she will benefit from the bioinformatics expertise of the FunGeST team and will have the support of the bioinformatics platform of the Cordeliers Research Center.
The Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers is a research center of excellence and international renown, located in the center of Paris, with 17 research teams and 3 technological platforms. Fundamental, translational and clinical research are developed in the field of biology and health in oncology, immunology, metabolism and pathophysiology. The FunGeST team, led by Prof. Jessica Zucman-Rossi, develops translational genomic approaches based on Human tumor analyses to identify new mechanisms of tumorigenesis and to propose biomarkers and therapeutic targets that could be introduced into clinical practice. The overall strategy is based on large-scale genomic analysis of large cohorts of patients with liver tumors (benign and malignant), mesothelioma and papillomavirus cancers.
- Practical knowledge of next-generation sequencing data analysis and processing methods
- Proficiency in programming (R language)
- Mastery of bioinformatics tools
- Ability to analyze data by applying appropriate statistical tests
- Communicate and interact with the various project stakeholders
- Maintain a scientific and technological watch in his/her field of expertise
Preferred work experience
- Bioinformatics analysis of next generation sequencing data (required)
- Analysis of single cell sequencing data
- Proficiency in written and oral English
- Sense of organization and autonomy
- Motivation and rigor in his/her work
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
Procédure : Send your CV, cover letter and the contact details of 2 referees to the e-mail address
Date limite : 1 septembre 2023
Offre publiée le 17 mai 2023, affichage jusqu'au 1 septembre 2023