AI Research Scientist
CDI · AI Bac+5 / Master Scienta Lab · Paris (France)
Deep learning Bioinformatics Multi-omics data Foundation model
Scienta Lab is a French deeptech startup harnessing artificial intelligence to solve unmet medical needs of patient living with immune conditions.
Scienta Lab develops a foundation model for immune-mediated inflammatory diseases. The model leverages multimodal data (clinical notes, biology, biopsies, radiology, omics ...) to predict patient diagnosis, prognosis, and response to treatment across the immunology therapeutic area.
The company is partnering with top-tier academic research institutions such as Inserm, AP-HP, and the NECESSITY European Consortium to develop its model. Successful research pilots have been deployed in rheumatology with scientific publications in top-tier medical journals and conferences.
As an AI Research Scientist at Scienta Lab you will lead high-impact research projects at the interface of deep learning, computational biology, bioinformatics and drug discovery & development.
You will be part of the R&D team and will report to Scienta Lab’s CTO and collaborate with external collaborators (academic medical researchers / pharmaceutical companies) to deliver new foundation models for biomedical research.
We value high-level coding and research and aim to develop a culture of continuous improvement in the team. You will be exposed to good practices to deliver production-ready software and top-tier scientific publications in these areas.
Main Missions :
- Lead internal research projects from scratch to advance the capabilities of Scienta Lab’s foundation model, including the addition of new modalities of data, new state-of-the-art architectures, and training methods.
- Leverage Scienta Lab’s foundation model to answer medical and scientific questions to identify new biomarkers, therapeutic targets, drug combinations, indications expansions, and optimized drug development strategies.
- Contribute to the R&D team's processes and good practices. This entails actively participating in refining and optimizing the software development lifecycle, ensuring efficient and high-quality delivery of projects. We expect you to actively engage in code reviews, mentorship, and knowledge sharing, fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth within the team.
Who we are looking for
- Degree (PhD/Master) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Machine Learning
- You are familiar with deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Jax) and model training processes
- Good command of coding in Python, and strong grasp of programming best practices
- Professional working proficiency in English
How to stand out
- Demonstrated expertise in representation learning, large language models or generative AI, including scientific publications at top ML conferences (NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, …)
- You have expertise and knowledge with omics data (genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics)
- Passionate about the intersections of healthcare/biology and AI
- You are experienced in leading AI projects, from initial requirements to production-ready model
- Experience training large deep learning models
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Possibility to work partially remotely
- Half of transportation costs covered by the company and half of health insurance (Alan)
Procédure : Envoyer un mail avec CV et paragraphe de présentation à email@example.com
Date limite : None
Offre publiée le 2 août 2023, affichage jusqu'au 29 septembre 2023