Computational Chemist - Computational structural biologist
CDI · Autres Bac+5 / Master WhiteLab Genomics · Paris (France)
Date de prise de poste : 4 septembre 2023
Computational chemist, molecular modelling, artificial intelligence, Cell & Gene therapy
WhiteLab Genomics is looking for a collaborative and highly innovative Computational chemist / Computational structural biologist to join our team, developing algorithms and data pipelines focused mainly, but not exclusively, on structural biology. In collaboration with research engineers, you will be contributing to the development of new approaches in molecular modelling, protein interactions, protein designs and other related domains, by applying your technical, analytical, and research skills.
- Design, implement and deliver complex pieces of research and engineering in the area of computational structural biology.
- Use classical and/or deep learning biology tools and large biological databases to perform protein design, molecular modelling, and other relevant tasks.
- Communicate and collaborate with research engineers in a multi-disciplinary team with an open-minded and research-driven aptitude.
- Conduct rigorous data analysis and statistical modelling to understand the underlying architecture of biological data and hidden biases in machine learning models.
- Understand and follow the latest developments in both biology and machine learning for structural biology and relevant applications.
- Write high-quality, maintainable, and modular code together with concise documentation.
- Master’s Degree in structural bioinformatics, machine learning or computational biology and 5+ years of academic / industry experience or PhD degree 2+ years of academic / industry experience in Structural Biology, Bioinformatics, Data Science or a related scientific field.
- Extensive experience working with large biological datasets, databases (PDB, Uniprot, etc.) and their API technologies as well as some hands-on experience in machine learning, natural language processing, or deep learning applied to biological problems
- Relevant areas of experience in: protein engineering, drug design, drug discovery, investigation of allosteric interactions or other functionally important conformational changes in biological molecules, structure/design prediction for proteins, modelling of peptides, analysis of effects of mutations on protein function and interactions, sequence/-or-/structure based evaluation of protein-based signaling, modelling of protein-protein interactions, or study of fundamental biophysical problems, such as protein folding.
- Experience working with structural biology-related tools such as Maestro.
- Good code skills (Python, R, Bash, Linux, Git, Docker)
- Experience with docking (Glide, Vina, Haddock …)
- Experience with protein structure modelling and/or simulation (Amber, Gromacs, NAMD …)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving as well as communication, scientific writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Previous experience in dealing with Peptide modelling is a major asset.
- Relevant experience in relational querying biological databases experience.
- Relevant experience in high-performance computing is a plus.
WhiteLab Genomics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.
Procédure : Merci d'utiliser Welcome to The Jungle pour l'application : https://www.welcometothejungle.com/fr/companies/whitelab-genomics/jobs/computational-structural-biologist
Date limite : 31 octobre 2023
Dr. Dylan SERILLON
Offre publiée le 2 août 2023, affichage jusqu'au 31 octobre 2023