Stage · Stage M2 · 6 mois (renouvelable) Bac+5 / Master Eligo Bioscience · Paris (France)
Date de prise de poste : 4 mars 2024
python microbiome metagenomics bacteriophages bacteria ngs datascience alphafold cloud
Eligo is building a platform technology based on phage-derived particles (Eligobiotics©) that deliver genetic circuits in vivo in a wide range of bacterial species. With such a capability, Eligo is poised to lead the new generation of precision microbiome engineering companies. We’ve just raised 30 million dollars from top investors and this is a really exciting time to join the adventure!
As an intern in the Bioinformatics team, you will help build, test, and run bioinformatics pipelines and develop tools to assist researchers with data management and visualization.
You will collaborate with Eligo’s bioinformaticians and with scientists across the company to learn about the problems that they are working to solve and assist them to implement solutions.
Your contributions will have a direct, tangible impact on the cutting-edge products being developed at Eligo as they progress from the benchtop to the clinic!
This is a six-month position with the exact start date depending on the student’s academic cycle, potentially followed by a full-time contract. We offer a competitive salary, with the exact amount depending on the candidate’s experience.
— RESPONSIBILITIES —
- Testing and improving bioinformatics pipelines to ensure any of Eligo’s scientists can use them in a fast and reliable way. The pipelines may be related, among others, to:
- Protein mining from (meta)genomic data
- DNA sequence optimization
- (Bacteriophage) genome annotation
- Generating and visualizing comparative genomics/pangenomics data for different organisms
- Interpreting genetic and epigenetic data
- Building add-ons to Eligo’s LIMS (laboratory information management system) to ensure biological entities and experimental results are thoroughly and properly documented
- Developing results visualization modules to enable Eligonauts to easily make data-driven decisions to guide their experiments
- Discuss with microbiologists and synthetic biologists to understand their needs, model efficient solutions for complex problems, and integrate their feedback into the development
— APPLICANT PROFILE —
- Master’s student in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related fields
- Strong interest in biology and drug development
- Familiarity with Python
- Ideally, 3+ years of coding experience in any language (including university courses and personal projects)
- Good English speaking & writing skills
- Ability to communicate across disciplines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Exquisitely organized, strong passion for thorough code documentation
- Experience with data science and visualization
- General tech-savviness and nerdiness :)
- Autonomy, initiative, adaptation, and team spirit
Procédure : Apply from the URL below
Date limite : 1 mars 2024
Offre publiée le 9 février 2024, affichage jusqu'au 1 mars 2024